Tuesday 29 October 2019

A Hi-Fidelity 360° Tour of Sydney for Travellers

One of the things I like to do when travelling is to jump onto google maps to check out landmarks and locations in advance of visiting them. While this is helpful I often wish there were better images, not just better stills, better 360° panoramas too! As I mentioned in my last post, equipment is no substitute for a photographers eye to really highlight a location and give it a sense of place. I am a little surprised that tourism agencies, museums and landmark locations have not embraced professional 360° photography more energetically; when I see great pictures it's a big part of my decision to visit and I know I am not alone in feeling and acting this way.
Sydney Opera house in Hi-Fidelity 360° panorama view by Kent Johnson
How can 360° photography work for travel and tourism? Well it can work in a number of ways, you could have your classic tour type series of shots that are a detailed walk through of a specific place. Or you could simply show highlights that are like a tasting menu of the sights on offer. This is the approach I've taken in a very broad manner to create my very own Tour of Sydney. Starting with the Sydney Opera House, then moving there are various locations in the adjacent Royal Botanic Gardens, Observatory Hill on the far side of Circular Quay, and some special Sydney Sandstone Landmarks, all linked and mapped so you can put each place on your travel bucket list if it's not already on there. Sydney for travellers in 26 pictures? Of course you can - just click the play button below to begin the tour.

If you are looking for a 360° Virtual Reality photographer who understands your business needs - please contact me, Kent Johnson to discuss your project. I am available for assignments world wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment